Creating Safe(r) Spaces in the Performing Arts: A We Have Voice Collective Roundtable Discussion
(free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted)
In these roundtable discussions, members of the We Have Voice Collective speak about the Collective’s formation, its Open Letter (available here) the WHV Code of Conduct (available here), and further future initiatives. The panelists will hold a space for ample dialog with the audience members around the issues at the center of the Collective’s mission and activity, developing an understanding of and working toward equity and the creation of safe(r) spaces in the performing arts.
- March 3, 2019, 3:30-5pm as part of American University’s 2019 Emerging Arts Leaders Symposium. Katzen Arts Center at American University, Room 215. 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016.(More information and registration Here).
- January 19, 2019, 10-11:45am as part of the Chamber Music America 2019 NAtional Conference, Building Equitable Communities, Majestic Ballroom, 5th Floor, Westin New York at Times Square, New York, NY. (More information and registration Here)
- January 8, 2019, 11am-12:10pm as part of Jazz Congress, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Noble Studio, Broadway at 60th Street,
New York, NY 10019. Moderator: Aja Burrell Wood.(More information and registration Here)
- January 6, 2019, 2pm WHV participates in JAZZ AND GENDER: FINDING SOLIDARITY a Winter Jazz Fest Panel, The Assemblage, 17 John Street New York, NY(More information Here)
- January 4, 2019, 1:30-3pm WHV participates in ARTISTS BUILDING A CODE OF ETHICS IN THE ERA OF #METOO, an APAP panel. Hilton New York Midtown, Concourse B, 1335 6th Ave, New York, NY(More information and rsvp Here)
- October 4, 2018, 11:45am – 1:45am McGill University, “Introduction to the We Have Voice Code of Conduct,” Elizabeth Wirth Music Building Room A832/833, 527 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Montreal, QC, H3A 1E3, Canada
- May 27, 2018, 2pm – 3:30pm “New York is Now” Workshop at AMR/CPMDT/L’Abri, Geneva, Switzerland (for workshop participants only)
- May 24, 2018, 5pm – 6:30pm Vision Festival, Roulette, 509 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY (Facebook Event Here.)
- May 9, 2018, 6:30pm – 8:30pm Holden Chapel, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (Facebook Event Here.)
- May 7, 2018, 4pm – 6pm The New School, College of Performing Arts, Glass Box Performance Space, 55 W. 13th St., NY, NY (Facebook Event Here.)